Rosary – Cognac 5mm Polished Baroque Beads
5 x sets of 10 Cognac 5mm Polished Baroque Beads and 4 x Cognac Baltic Amber Beads. Sign of the cross is in Cognac Baltic Amber
1 in stock
Amber Rosary Beads – Cognac 5mm Polished Beads
An amber rosary is made from Amber, a fossilised tree resin. Amber rosaries are often prized for their unique appearance and the warm, rich colours of the amber beads
5 x sets of 10 Cognac Beads and 4 x Cognac Beads. Sign of the cross is in Cognac Baltic Amber. Quality product, each bead is tied off with a knot.
Approximately 60cm long.
The prayers that compose the Rosary are arranged in sets of ten Hail Marys, called “decades”. Each decade is preceded by one Lord’s Prayer (“Our Father”), and traditionally followed by one Glory Be. Some Catholics also recite the “O my Jesus” prayer after the Glory Be; it is the best-known of the seven Fátima prayers that appeared in the early 20th century. Amber Rosary prayer beads are an aid for saying these prayers in their proper sequence.
The Rosary is begun on the short strand:
- The Sign of the Cross (sometimes using the cross or crucifix);
- The Apostles’ Creed (the cross or crucifix is held in the hand);
- The Lord’s Prayer at the first large bead (for the needs of the Catholic Church and the intentions of the reigning pope);
- The Hail Mary on each of the next three beads (for the three theological virtues: faith, hope, and charity);
- The Glory Be in the space before the next large bead; and
- The Lord’s Prayer at the second large bead.
- The praying of the decades then follows, repeating this cycle for each mystery:
- Announcing the mystery (e.g. “The First Glorious Mystery is the Resurrection of Jesus.”);
- The Lord’s Prayer on the large bead;
- The Hail Mary on each of the ten adjacent small beads;
- The Glory Be on the space before the next large bead (often followed by the Fatima Prayer).
- To conclude:
- The Hail Holy Queen (sometimes with other prayers, while holding the medal or large bead); and
- The Sign of the cross.
We guarantee that we only supply Genuine Baltic Amber. We import directly from Poland and Lithuania so we are able to offer great prices.